Title
    Administrator

Exclamation Important: Read Before Posting!

Frequently Asked Questions
    Should I Buy The CR-10 From ________?

Yes, this question has been asked by hundreds of people. So we're writing a FAQ and you'd best read it BEFORE you post here. Because we're awfully tired of repeating ourselves. Not that we don't want to help you. But after the 500th conversation about one particular vendor, anyone can start to become unhinged.

So we've put together what we hope is a very helpful collection of questions and answers for you.

Chinese Vendors (continued in Post #2)

North American Distributors (continued in Post #3)

European Distributors (continued in Post #4)

This is by no means a complete list of vendors. You can find this machine randomly on sites like DinoDirect and even Amazon! Prices vary widely. We've tried to cover vendors for which we have at least some direct information or feedback from the community.

Have we missed anyone? Let us know! Please also share your experiences if they differ.

Thanks for reading.

Title
    Administrator

Chinese Vendors

Chinese Vendors

Gearbest
    Gearbest.com is a Chinese online merchant with the distinctions of being both the most controversial and most frequently discussed vendors of the CR-10.

Should I order my CR-10 from Gearbest?
    That depends. Are you looking for the lowest possible price? Or the best overall experience complete with support and warranty? Are you willing to accept some risk and some headaches?

Why would you want to order from Gearbest?
    Gearbest has fairly consistently offered the lowest prices on the CR-10 since it reached its sudden worldwide popularity. Their pricing on the CR-10 has frankly been insanely low. Gearbest also offers up periodic discount codes which even further reduce the price. But be warned these codes expire quite quickly as they have relatively low limits on the maximum number of orders.

How should I pay?
    Paying by credit card seems to be the better choice. Those paying by PayPal frequently encounter being asked to provide things no one should give out in this age of identity theft. This seems to potentially be linked to shipping to unverified addresses. Even if the payment card has been verified this can occur. Users have been asked for copies of household bill statements, photographs of their credit cards. If you encounter this issue – you may consider cancelling your order. A small number of credit card buyers have reported issues too.

What's up with shipping?
    Gearbest advertises “free shipping” but their logistics department still fairly routinely asks buyers for additional money for import fees and other shipping related charges. This is both infuriating and confusing. When you place the order, you’re given the option to pay insurance (under $10) on your shipping. Selecting this option may reduce the chances of getting hit by the logistics department. But that is unconfirmed speculation. There are a couple of common outcomes. Some people just pay. Others refuse to pay or even respond to the request. Refusing to pay or not responding could result in Gearbest cancelling your order. But some people have reported still receiving their printer despite not answering or refusing.

What's the deal with "back order" and stock count complaints?
    Inaccurate product availability is another Gearbest hallmark. The quantity remaining count displayed on their website has been called totally bogus by more than a few buyers. Worse, if you end up on back-order, Gearbest will not notify you! So if your order sits in “processing” for several days, you may want to reach out and ask what’s happening. They do typically respond in a timely manner – but keep in mind their business hours on the other side of the world when anticipating replies. If there is a back-order, they will typically tell you when they expect stock. Most orders do seem to eventually ship.

Is there anything else I should know?
    Random order cancellations have been reported. It’s infrequent, but some folks have had their order cancelled for no apparent reason.

How fast is shipping?
    The shipping is pretty quick. A few days typically, but longer or shorter in some cases.

Summary
    Despite all of these potential issues, most people have gotten their CR-10. Some folks paid extra fees. Some folks provided information that should never be requested. But a very respectable number of orders encounter absolutely no issues at all.

What this all boils down to, is what amount of (potential) funny business are you willing to risk having to tolerate to save some money? You can usually cancel your order before it ships. So you’ve a bit of a safety net. But if there’s a company out there where the utterly bizarre can happen with your order – Gearbest is most certainly that company!

Banggood
    Banggood.com is a very large online Chinese merchant that is fairly well respected.

Should I order my CR-10 from Banggood?
    While Banggood doesn't typically offer deals quite as attractive (or insane) with CR-10 pricing as Gearbest. We have seen relatively few complaints or reported issues with orders from Banggood.

Can I get discounts from Banggood?
    Banggood also sometimes releases discount codes though they are less frequent than Gearbest.

Summary
    Banggood generally has their act together. Aside from the odd screw up (which happen to every vendor at some time or another) they seem to be a good option.

AliExpress
    AliExpress.com is not a merchant! AliExpress is a "digital marketplace" made up of individual vendors. AliExpress is the consumer retail arm of the online wholesale marketplace giant AliBaba.

Should I buy through AliExpress?
    That's really not something we can offer much advice on. There are so many vendors on AliExpress that we cannot compare one buyer's experience to another without knowing which individual shop they each dealt with.

Is there any other reason to check AliExpress?
    Creality does now appear to have an official store on AliExpress. You can acquire some parts here like the correct sized replacement belts. And yes, they sell their printers too. This is honestly a bit odd. Because normally factories don't sell directly to the public when they have authorized distributors.

Creality 3D Official Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2846085
    Note: Link provided because searching for merchants by name doesn't work well (site search is product focused.) This is NOT an endorsement of this shop.

Summary
    We don't have enough data on any individual seller on AliExpress at this time. Though we welcome new input!

If you have experience buying a CR-10 from other Chinese vendors, please share those experiences with us.

Title
    Administrator
    North American Distributors

Tiny Machines
    TinyMachines3D.com is an authorized distributor for Creality in North America run by Chris Bennett in Houston, TX.

Should I order my CR-10 from Tiny Machines?
    We have nothing but praise for Chris Bennett and his continued contributions to this printer's community.

Tiny Machines is also the only vendor we know that opens, inspects, assembles, tests and tunes each printer to confirm they are fully functional. Then dismantles and repacks your printer with a certificate of inspection. We understand Chris will also perform some machine upgrades for clients.

Summary
    His clients speak for themselves (frequently.) If his community activism is any indicator, you can expect excellent service and support from this gentleman.

MacEwen3D
    MacEwen3D.com is an authorized distributor for Creality in North America run by Ryan MacEwan located in Lockport, NY.

Should I order my CR-10 from MacEwen3D?
    If you're anywhere near NYC, he's probably your man! Ryan has been an active member of this printer's community. And we've not heard any complaints.

Summary
    Ryan seems to have happy clients. (Though they aren't as noisy as Chris' - but that might just be a Southern thing!) If you're in Ryan's neck of the woods, check him out. East coast! Yes, this printer can print a very BIG Apple. *audible groan*

Big And Monsterous (BAM) Creations
    Big And Monsterous (BAM) Creations is an authorized distributor for Creality in North America run by Mike McAnally.

Should I order my CR-10 from BAM Creations?
    Honestly, we don't have enough info. Mike hasn't included a geographical location on his website. But we've not heard any complaints about orders from BAM Creations. (We like that.)

Summary
    Hopefully Mike or some of his customers will give us some more info we might be able to put up here.

If you have experience buying a CR-10 from North American distributors that differs from above, please share those experiences with us.

Title
    Administrator
    European Distributors

en3DStudios
    en3dstudios.com is the authorized Reseller for Creality in Europe, run by └lex Tutusaus located in Spain.

Should I order my CR-10 from en3dstudios?
    If you're in Europe, you should definitely consider them!

Summary
    European authorized distributor!

If you have experience buying a CR-10 from European distributors we don't have listed or that differs from above, please share those experiences with us.

Title
    Administrator
    Other Distributors

We have no reported distributors for Canada, Mexico, South America, Australia, Russia or Africa at this time.

If you have experience buying a CR-10 from any other distributors we don't have listed, please share those experiences with us.