Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Title
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    South Yorks, UK
    Posts
    4

    My print stopped

    Not sure if this should be hardware or software, but here goes, had my CR10s for a couple of months now & love it to bits, right from the start I had clean, smooth & fine prints from it, then saw the 'interstellacat' on Thingiverse, liked it & had a go at printing it, came out perfect, so I doubled it up & printed that, again came out perfect, no sagging, no stringing zits or blobs!!
    Then scaled it up to 260mm high, again a perfect print & NO cleaning up whatsoever, then being the anorak I am scaled it to 300mm Simplify3d told me it would take 21.5 hours to print, set it off, popped back a few times to keep an eye on it, then went to bed expecting it to be ready when I got up.
    I got up to find it completely stopped, bed still at 60c, nozzle still at 210c stuck on top of the model.
    The digi-display was showing ZERO height, & ZERO pecent done, so I clicked my way through the menus expecting to find resume, (as done previously when the filament broke) but no, all I could find was 'failsafe' whatever that is, I clicked it, but nothing happened, & nothing I tried would set it going again, I therefore had no choice but to click on the job again & it promptly set off from the beginning, I obviously had to cancel it to prevent the head hitting the model.
    I then checked everything & all SEEMS good, shame really as the 'big-cat' is 100% no sags or strings etc.
    Do you think this is a hardware & software problem??
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Title
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    South Yorks, UK
    Posts
    4
    Thanks to all with the torrent of help (not)
    But no matter, its sorted now, having just completed a 25hr 300mm print that came out perfect, well pleased.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3

    Title
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    I've had this happen when I didn't wait long enough for the slicer program to upload the full gcode to a memory stick (yanked the stick too soon).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •