Title

Question Octoprint settings

I'm fairly new to this - only had my CR-10 two days now, but like the use of Octoprint being permanently setup and running.

The install wizard asks for a Cura ini file, but my Mac version of Cura isn't compatible.

I've manually setup the printer profile in Octoprint, but no idea what the following settings should be. I'd like to use Octoprint to just import the .stl files, have it slice, then print. It uses the Cura engine, and I don't mind if it's a bit slower to calculate the slicing.

Settings I don't know are:

"Please define the maximum speed/feedrate of the individual axes and whether their control should be inverted or not.

X mm/min (invert control)

Y mm/min (invert control)

Z mm/min (invert control)

E mm/min (invert control)"

Suggestions/recommendations welcomed
    axis.jpg

Title
    Word in the playground is that you are much better slicing your projects on your computer and then transferring the gcode into Octopi. That is certainly the plan I am going to go with once I get my printer.

One advantage is that you can easily have multiple profiles in Cura (PLA, ABS etc). You can also preview the layers in Cura, which I'm unsure if you can do in Octopi.

A number of YouTube videos out there with people showing their 'starting' settings.

Title
    Im having the same problem setting up CR-10 on OctoPrint
    Need to know "maximum speed/feedrate of the individual axes and whether their control should be inverted or not"
    This thread pops up at the top of google search
    3,654+ views
    No ANSWER?
    FRUSTRATING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

A number of YouTube videos out there with people showing their 'starting' settings.
    I've been searching for the last few hours, havent found anything that can help with this specific problem.

Anyone know these speeds/settings?
    Last edited by Skynet3D; 03-12-2018 at 03:56 PM.