Title

CR-10S all corners blob out

DSC_0495 (1).JPG

Hi, I know egdes may blob a litte bit from ghosting and such, but never seen this much. tried all i could think off.
    Tried:
    jerk from 10 - 30 no luck.
    speeds down to 40mm/s
    extrusion mulitplier tried all down to 60% got little better but top was very bad.

Tightened and adjusted everything around the printer. X-carriage, Y carriage. both belts as tight as will go.

I'm at the end of my wits here, so if you got an idea why this is please throw me a bone ..

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hneve View Post
    DSC_0495 (1).JPG

Hi, I know egdes may blob a litte bit from ghosting and such, but never seen this much. tried all i could think off
    Not sure but looking at the picture I wonder if over-extrusion might be the problem? That is, you command 100mm of filament and it actually squirts 110mm.

Try printing with the extrusion multiplier set to 70%. If that does fix it then you need to calibrate the extrusion rate:

https://www.matterhackers.com/articl...-your-extruder

Title
    Sorry, not the case,, Measured 300mm of filament, now reding 300.0mm. Have also tried lowering the multiplier all the way down to 60%, the blobs got smaller but still there..

Title
    Hmm,, funny thing.. I got around configuring marlin 1.1.8 and uploaded it. used same stored settings for movement and the blobs on first print was visibly smaller. same gcode as before.

now im going to try adjusting movement settings just to see if this have any effect.. brb

Title
    Check the hotend temperature with a probe (not just the front panel). Maybe the filament is too runny?

Title
    Have no way of measuring that..

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hneve View Post
    Sorry, not the case,, Measured 300mm of filament, now reding 300.0mm. Have also tried lowering the multiplier all the way down to 60%, the blobs got smaller but still there..
    Are you printing through Octopi or off the SD? In a head to head test using the same Gcode, I found that octoprint caused blobs/zits. the theory is that the serial connection cant quite keep up, so there is a brief pause causing the blobs. Another theory is that over ocroprint marlin can't use its look ahead firmware feature that allows it to move from one set of instructions to another with less micropausing.